I got a few new books of interest from the library. Amy Karol's bend-the-rules sewing book, which has some inspiring ideas. Along with that, I've spent the last few days discovering some cool blogs, awesome fabrics, patterns and designers. On my list now, is to make something from the bend-the-rules book. I'm thinking about the clutch project. If the mood continues, I'd like to try an Amy Butler swing bag and maybe one other.
Doodle stitching is next. I browsed it quickly and it looks like it has good examples, and fun vs. traditional ideas. I'm sure my sister would appreciate the "doodled" sneakers.
AB's In Stitches is also on my library list... looking forward to that.
In general, I am not crazy about patterns because after a while they are confusing. I don't really sew very much, only hemming things, the occasional halloween costume, or reinforcing clothes to stretch out their life... i.e. the favorite gymboree flame pants... that have seen better days, and the relatively new Carter's sweatpants with the carpet induced hole in the knee.
So, I have moved on from digital scrapbooking to actually trying to sew some things. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment