Thursday, January 03, 2008

Resolutions and thoughts


Beki had an inspiring resolutions list on her blog. I am working on my own, but I am not bold enough to make it all public. Although, I know there are many things in the house & garden that can be done this year. The top of my list, is to get the rest of the wallpaper off the hallway walls. It's half down, and the rest needs to go. I won't say how long it's been that way. My family is probably wondering about us. I finally got a rug this week for the living room, so I can knock that one off the list. Yay!
I also need to get flannel interfacing, so I can get going on some projects in the Bend the Rules book. I did find a cute pink cotton shirt on clearance at Targét for my daughter. I hope to experiment some embroidery on it. See Doodle Stitching.
I also ordered a couple gardening catalogs, since none have yet arrived. Bluestone perennials, Whiteflower farm, Prairie Nursery (sells native), and Jackson & Perkins. I really hope to order some things from the Bluestone catalog this year. I meant to last year, but ended up getting some great deals free, and at a annual plant sale, about an hour from here. I like the J&P catalogs for ideas for container plants and garden structures (which I need).
I also need to decide what needs dividing this spring, besides Shasta daisies. I need to find my divide and propagate guide to make this task easier on my brain. I have a variety of hostas, a handful are new from last summer. I can't wait to see how many Fire & Ice I have... they seemed to revert to a green leaf, vs. keeping the white/cream (center?). I doubt I'll get any more of those. I am also excited to see how the new addition of daffodils/jonquils come up out back this year.

No comments: