I received issue 01/08 of Ottobre design for my birthday, from my sis. I made a little pinafore for A. It fits her pretty good. After I make myself the "swing" purse, then I will be on to making pants for A, to go with the pinafore.
I prewashed my fabric for the purse, but the canvas doesn't want to unwrinkle. So, I am armed with a new spritzer, and hope to get it flattened out. I also want to use up some of the Alexander henry scraps to make a little zip pouch to go with my sis' purse. I like the rounded bottom ones from Amy Butler, but maybe I can do it myself. I feel like experimenting.... maybe with muslin first though. The quilt shop by me is carrying more Amy Butler patterns and the new midwest modern line, some of it anyways.
Spent the weekend mortified... of all the dandelions in my garden beds. First thing on my list for monday morning is to call the mulch guy, and check my stock of newspaper/weed mat. I am very happy to say that after being here for several years now, that some more of my plants are ready to be divided. I have lots of Shasta daisies, and a crop of sedum coming up, and an aster plant that is a giant circle of a plant now. The deer came by and sampled some stuff a few weeks back. It looks like some of the tulips survived. Yay! So far, we have yellow.
And, I finally decided on a great place for wall vase. It's in a nice visible spot. The ribbon is a little delicate, but I plan to change that throughout the season. Dainty is good for spring.
Found a nice garden chair that somebody threw out in the trash during garbage week. It appears to be freshly primered, so I am putting a coat of exterior paint on it, to match my garden gate and house trim. I'm thinking I may paint the slats the clay color of the house.. haven't decided yet if I will like that or not.
Also, getting back to doing some house projects. Will have to get the list going again.
No comments:
Post a Comment