Who says your child has to have a bed to sleep in? This is my daughters shoe bin, that we slide under her dresser. Today she must have had a grand time playing before she decided to retire to the shoe box, pillow, blankie and all. She's even ready to go with the fancy shoes when she wakes up. Oh girl!
My son use to sleep on the floor, I can't even count how long, but somewhere around 2 1/2 until this past year. He turned 6 two weeks ago and is thankfully sleeping on his bed now. I used to put him back in his bed when he was little, but then I figured if he slept all night, then it was fine. There is no point waking him if he's perfectly happy to lay there. I can't even sleep on the floor with a sleeping bag without a sore back. Kids are so crazy sometimes, and flexible.
On the subject of beds, I am hoping to make the kids some new blankets. They each have several blankets, and it makes bedtime interesting when they have all but one. So, one blanket will be made out of flurr, and I'm hoping to back it with something. I have to find the knit stabilizer before I do that one. Then, I want to make each of them some sort of quilted blanket, something simple, with large blocks.
I checked on my son last night and found he had pulled my childhood blanket out of his closet. It's a fond memory having my blanket still around and being loved. The top is all sorts of faux fur from the late 70s or early 80s. I think it would be considered fur. I like all the texture, and think I will incorporate some of that idea into the kids new blankets. I'm thinking some woven prints, with some corduroy, lightweight velvet, and am still thinking about other touchy/feely fabrics. Any suggestions?
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
The shoe container
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment