Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stepping into fall.


I love the smell of fall. The leaves of the wild cherry tree, and it's berries are dropping all over the front yard, and the large (ash, elder?) is about half yellow. I was thinking about where to put some pumpkins so the kids can see them from their rooms before bedtime.
I have one plant flowering right now, a purple aster. The phlox have mostly set seed, but there are a few stragglers with a bloom or two dangling. Time to get out there and divide things for next year, and pass along some things to my nice new neighbors.
Little girl has been exhibiting her independence lately. She told me she had to potty about two weeks ago, and really went. She just turned 23 months. So, we have been adjusting day to day routines to promote this new found skill. Although, I have a hard time telling when it's just a game sometimes. She is so proud of herself, and daddy and brother must come acknowledge her business and clap and applaud. =) It's cute. (She also wants a potty for her bunny.) I saw one at target with a baby doll, but the price tag was staggering.
The kids and I went to the park last thursday for lunch and that did not turn out as expected. There were instantly bees. Note to self: no picnicking in september. One stung me on the leg, and it is now Sunday and my leg is still sore, but not as red. I am glad though that it was me, and not the kids.
I finished up a pair of pants from the last kids Ottobre for A, and they fit her great. However, we went to lunch and she sat on a mandarin orange.... It's a stubborn stain, but much of it has come out. Oh well. I definitely want to make more of that pattern.

1 comment:

Astrid said...

Sorry about your bee sting - that is really annoying! As for the stains on the home made clothes - I have made peace with them. I have realized, that the only way they're going to really use the clothes I make for them, is if I decide to not care about the risk of stains. And since I made that decision, they have been pretty stainless. Isn't that funny? ;)