Friday, September 12, 2008

Back to school and on with the sewing...

and serging! I got my serger back from the shop. I reviewed my manual, and am starting out with the 3 thread overlock. I have no idea what I am doing, but I'll learn what I need to, as I go. I practiced on some scraps, and then I did the edges of a shirt I'm working on for dd. Then I decided it would be useful to do the edges of all the fabric I need to get washed. It was fun, if you can imagine, and I can't believe how fast it moves. That is an adjustment since I tend to take my time at the sm.

Anyhoo, ds went back to school this week. He didn't even give the goodbye hug when it was time to go in. He was too excited to deliver his "mail" to his teachers. So I am glad he is happy to go back, and has a few old familiar friends too.

I am nearly to the end of making the kukkerus kimono from Ottobre 04/08. It has turned into a little bit of a bear project. I wish I was done already so I could move on to something else. It's a combination of things that is making it slow, but mostly I think it's just me. I have been worried over the flannel back satin. So far, it's going ok. After I stitch the other underarm and side, I'll be moving on to putting it together with the outer shell. I hope I will eventually get better and faster.

Kathleen at Grosgrain is having a playful giveaway. Make Believe Frock GIVEAWAY !!!!!!!
I hope I win it for my dd. Of course, in the meantime it will be great for dress up when we have playgroup friends over. I think I might use my handy dandy serger to make some scarves and playthings. The projects on the want to do pile are growing ever higher. =)

No comments: