Well, she's not really a doll, but she's my doll. Her dress is the Cilla dress from Otto 06/08, #5. (The toys are her brothers.) I thought the dress went together pretty well. I cut the yoke upside down the first time, even after reminding myself... oops. It was tiny, so I recut and moved on. I used dark green for the inner yoke, and snaps instead of buttons. Snaps were a new challenge for me. I chalked the back and lined them up where they needed to go, and they work.
I love the style of this pattern. I was thinking about a valentine's dress, but it would be great for everyday too.
Most of our family lives a few hours away, so we are usually traveling over the holidays. We spent Christmas eve with my family and Christmas day with dh's family, and then had our own Christmas at home friday morning. The kids got to play and visit, and bring home some goodies. I made my MIL a cover for her huge toaster, that came out nice. I'm glad I made a stp dummy to have at home. The cover is in the same waverly print she has as wallpaper. I got the fabric free off of my local freecycle. I didn't think I'd be lucky enough to find any since it's several years old. So that was cool! I didn't really do any other hand made gifts, but I did make my mom a nice red/green plaid gift bag (to wrap her robe). I also bought some yummy smelling soap from WashableArt on etsy, including legos, oatmeal cookie dough, and some pink cupcakes. I'm not sure if it was her or another soap maker, but I saw bubbles, round bubbles in a small mass somewhere and cannot relocate them... wish I would have favorited them. Oh well, that's it for now.
Happy New Year!
2 comments:
oh how sweet! I have been wanting to try this pattern!
She is precious, and so is the dress. What a wonderful Christmas outfit! :)
Post a Comment