Sunday, February 22, 2009

On the bandwagon


Before & After Do, originally uploaded by twolilacs.

Well, it must be the time of year that everyone is looking for something new. I have decided that my hair needed a change. A drastic change. Honestly, we have a well & septic, and incredibly hard water. It was, literally, taking about 20 minutes to comb after a shower, with leave in conditioner. I did a rinse with baking soda and water while it was still long, and that did make it feel better.
On the bright side, I have been wanting a new hairstyle for a while. I grew out so long, so that I could put long layers and a little style into, and then I went and cut all my hard work right off. I am really happy with it though. It's probably been 15 years since my hair has been this short.
Other than the hair, I am just trying to stay somewhat organized around here, keep at the sewing, and keep the kids busy. I'm working on a little doll quilt at the moment. Hope to have it finished up in the next few days, since I need to mail it out.... my eyes are bulging out of my head because I should be done already. In my defense, I have not had much time to myself the last couple weeks, and the next few weeks will likely be the same.
Oh and on that note, lunch is little late today.... haha.

1 comment:

Micki said...

Well, I like your new style. It is a good idea to give oneself a fresh makeover. I enjoyed your blog and just found it. I live in Ireland, and I enjoy quilting and machine embroidery among other things. So nice finding you.
Micki