Thursday, August 13, 2009

life lately

This is an old quilt top my great grandmother made. I picked it out of a handful of others to attempt to finish, so my grandma can have a new blanket for her new space. My uncle has been in the process of remodeling her house. She's getting a new bedroom upstairs, new large bathroom, walk in closet, and a lovely upper deck, which has a great view of the setting sun.
The downstairs became part of the project after a storm blew off some of the roof tarp. Thankfully, she has been in Arizona the whole time this has been going on, but is coming home soon.
She has always wanted a porch off the front of her house, and now she has one. I'd like to find her some nice hanging baskets, if they are even available now.
I also have a school supply list to finish up, only one more week to get that done. This week would be optimal, since I have help, but I'm pretty much limited to today, since we have weekend plans. Ugh. Never enough time & motivation. I have accomplished some laundry today, and took the baby crib out of dd's bedroom. She has been sleeping on a twin mattress for 2 or 3 weeks, successfully now. Kind of sad, but she has lots going on, and is adapting well. We are almost at a month of being diaper free during the day. She has been taking naps w/o the diaper, and only wearing one at night now. She has really embraced much of it on her own.
And lastly, I got a nice bit of sewing completed while I was on vacation. I worked on a pair of baby pants for our cousin (who had a girl Monday), finished some unders for dd, and almost finished my top.

No comments: