I tried to weed today, the breeze is nice, but it's gotten hotter throughout the day. By the time I got outside, it was 85 degrees....
so I guess that little girl quilt in planning should move along to the cutting stage. I'm planning to make two small, not quite toddler, not quite twin size quilts. One is for my daughter, and the other for my niece. I'm using a small mix of pink and girly fabrics with a bit of green to throw off all the sweetness. I have a lil' princess prints, some Patty Young prints, Sandi Henderson, and I think one or two others.
I was hoping to make a nice lightweight throw, so it could be an all year quilt blankie. I'm still not sure what I want inside and on the back. I'm going to browse etsy to see what there is for bias binding, otherwise, I guess I'll be cutting into something. I wonder if flannel would be okay... except I might prewash it at least once. I don't mind the whole thing shrinking up some, but not tons. I'll have to take a look at who has batting on sale.
If I can get that cut and off my table, I could work on some tops for me from the new issue of Ottobre Woman. There are several items I really could see myself wearing.
hmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment