Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer, summer, summer

It's a good time in the garden now, there is so much in bloom. The kids love to go out and pick daisies and coreopsis. There are far more weeds than I care to look at, but I am just trying to enjoy the highlights of the yard, and get to cleaning up when I have time.
I love the blooms on this daylily. They are pretty big, and I just love the ruffled edges. By far, a favorite of the varieties in my yard. I think I have 8 to 10 different kinds, don't ask me to name them though. It's the same with the hostas, lots of varieties, but I need to keep track of the names better before I forget.
These are out back, but I love looking at them from the house. These hydrangeas have been so hardy and reliable. I got them at a plant sale fundraiser a few years ago, from the Soil and Water district. I was able to get plants from their sale for two or three years until they decided to quit doing it.
Check my flickr for a few other delights in my garden this year.

1 comment:

beki said...

How beautiful!