Somehow I came across a vintage toy website today, and I saw Fashion Plates. With all the sewing and patterns, and looking at what people are making on Flickr... I couldn't help to think what fashion plates would look like with Ginger Blossom, or Ava Rose, or Amy Butler, or Park Slope. I loved that toy, and I'm sure my sisters inherited it at some point, and now has disappeared.
So, I think I will put it on my Christmas list. My sister likes to get me oddball or crafty gifts, so maybe I can talk her into this one. She was kind enough to get me my first Ottobre for my birthday.
I have been taking a break from sewing, but there lies fabric for an Ottobre kimono on my cutting board. Patiently.
I received an Elna serger from a friend of my Aunt, so I have also been reading up on that. It's a bit overwhelming, but I made it through the bulk of the book mostly understanding what I read. I'd like to pick up a red or deep pink thread so I can give it a go testing out the stitches and tensions by using the colors of the tension dials. I'm thinking that I could probably make some hand towels for the house, or just practice on some scrap. Theoretically, it would be more "fun" to make something, botched stitches or not. And, if I go make something now, I may be less tempted to order more fabric for my stash. =)
2 comments:
Ah, fashion plates! I never had one, but my friends did. I always had fun playing with it.
What is the vintage website you found...I want to get one of these.
Post a Comment