Thursday, May 14, 2009

today's mail


today's mail, originally uploaded by twolilacs.

I got the most adorable fabric ever from Craft Pudding's etsy shop. She had it printed at spoonflower (and she won the weekly contest). I also got a little bunny person stamp from her. I love all of her stamps. It all came packaged nicely, and quickly. The little round chip was tied into the fabric. A nice touch.

I'd like to make the Oliver + S swingset tunic for dd, with some little cuties on the yoke, and maybe a brown tiny dot on the bottom. I only have a tiny bit of the fabric, so I'll probably use it sparingly. I'd also like to try my hand at making some covered buttons, with some vintage ones I have. These weren't quite the right size, so I have to keep looking.

The bunny stamp will be the perfect size to stamp on the size tags and hang tags for dd's clothes.

We had a bad storm system pass over last night, but thankfully it skipped around our house. Today was beautiful. I did manage to get the grass mowed, with exception to the little puffs where my spring beauties are still flowering. I won't mow them until they set seed. I'd love to have a front yard full of them, like my grandma's.

We only have a few days of preschool left for ds. It's hardly seems like he's gone for 2 years. I can't believe he'll be in kindergarten in the fall. I am sure he will love the bus, and I hope he and his best friend get the same class room. That would be so great for the both of them. Dd will be staying at home another year with me. She is much more interested in books and such, so maybe I can help her along vs. send her to preschool when she's going on 4. Both my kiddos have October birthdays, so they miss the age cutoff for entering kindergarten. I don't mind so much, it gives them more time, and maybe it will make life easier for them later on.

Lastly, I am working on a shirt for myself. I have traced the pattern, but need to figure out where to raise it. It's about 4 or 5 inches too long on me as it is. The joy of being short. =)

No comments: