There is no sunshine today, and it's not helping my mood. Feeling a bit bummed about dh's work circumstances, the load of things that need to be done this week, and that tomorrow, will be 1 year since my Poppy has left us.
I am thinking of what kind of flower I can put at his grave. I really think I should put a single spring beauty bulb there as a reminder of the yearly debate between him and grandma over mowing the grass. (The yard was a blanket of these tiny flowers, and grandma always made him wait til they seeded before he could mow.) Regardless, I'll be going to visit this week or this weekend. I have posted a little memorial message on findagrave.com for him, and an American ribbon for his service in the Korean war.
I have found a lot of interesting websites since I started researching our family history for my grandparents. I will probably take some grave marker photos for others who also have family in the same cemetery and one nearby to fulfill some requests.
Well, off to a happier note. My kids are ready for lunch, and I am hoping for some wonderful, pick-me-up fabric mail this week.
eta: Found an interesting idea on etsy for a small tribute
No comments:
Post a Comment