Monday, August 25, 2008

Back Home


We are back from vacation. This was the annual family trip with my husband's family. A whole week of walking down to the lake to play and fish, and watch the hummingbirds. Nice sunsets, nasty little mosquitos. The kids had a wonderful time swimming in the warm waters of Kentucky. Normally we go to northern Minnesota, so there is a big difference in how the water feels. They had a neat pirate ship playhouse for the kids. I wondered if it was Amish made since there are communities not far from there. Went to Dairy Queen, too... =)
While they were resting, I made a little pillowcase for A. (I couldn't take my machine, so I took some supplies and my Ottobres.) She loves bunnies, and I just got this cute yellow fabric before we left. I thought maybe I'd use it for the Misty skirt, but it was a perfect choice for this project. I'd like to make a bed sheet to go with it, so that's on my list.
I spent last night getting laundry sorted and oiling my sewing machine. I cleaned out a small amount of dust, a button, and a piece of construction paper that a certain little boy put in there a long time ago. Then I moved on to the serger. I oiled it about two weeks ago and let it sit, but last night I could still barely move the wheel by hand. It was slightly better, but I don't feel ready to tear it apart and oil the entire inside. I have never sewn with it, so I'd like to know how it's suppose to feel. So, I'll be sure to oil it on a regular schedule in the future. For now, I'll be waiting a few weeks to get it back. I'm sure I have plenty of other things to finish up. Ta ta.

No comments: