This past weekend I went with my mom & grandma to a new (to us) quilt shop. I found some Erin McMorris fabric there. They didn't have much, but I was happy to find some just for me. I *love* the blue/green flower one, it is lighter in the center and gets darker towards the edges. It reminds me of some of the border prints that I have.
Then I found a fat quarter of the cutest bunny print. It has bears too, but I like the bunny. My dd loves bunnies, and I thought that I could work this into something for her. First I thought clothing, then I thought I could learn to make a quilt, or a doll quilt.
...... then I went to a quilt shop near me today and they have a whole room of thimbleberries fabrics. I bought a pattern & kit that includes the bunny & bear panel. So now I have committed myself to making her a quilt. Committed myself being the operative words. =)
Now, the only thing is, that the kit doesn't incorporate the fat quarter I like so much. So, maybe it will be a matching pillow case or dolly quilt.
I don't know how to make a quilt, so this will be an adventure.
So the weekend excursion led me to a find today, but I keep telling myself, I don't feel too guilty as long as I keep sewing. I don't want to accumulate fabric that doesn't get used. Whew.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Weekend excursion
Weekend finds, originally uploaded by twolilacs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment