
The crocus' are withered away and spring has come, some of my flowers are blooming. I'm so excited to see that my handful of Prairie trillium have multiplied. It will be years before they all flower, but last year I was graced with one full beauty. I grew up calling them bloody noses... but my curiosity as a gardener wanted to know the real name. They aren't a typical looking flower, but one of my favorites. I think second in line would be Spring Beauties, as far as bulbs go.
We'll see what this year has in store for the garden. I have some lemon drops that I bought at a plant sale, and last year my one or two plants turned into at least two dozen seedlings... and now there is a full crown starting. My mind tells me I should be dividing them soon. It's suppose to be 70° here friday, so maybe then, if the kids allow me to wander away from the playset. Whatever I did with that helpful sheet with suggestions of when to divide and deadhead.... I always try to look before I dig since I can't remember all the plants likes and dislikes.

I finished my aunt's purse last week. I made it from the Ottobre pea pod purse pattern(free download). It came out pretty well, she was excited to have something made for her, too. I've never used the fusible batting before. It wasn't very difficult, but I had some challenges putting in the zipper and stitching along the top. I had to restitch some of it because the fabric was folding over itself, so I had lost about 1/4" in a few stretches. I'm glad I didn't just leave it and move on. I thought putting the bottom on would be hard, but it was just a matter of maneuvering the fabric around. I didn't get any puckers there. The expanded instructions were great. In a few weeks, Tuula and the Ottobre staff will be posting the rest of the bag photos they received on their new
blog.
I'll come back and post some photos after lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment